An ADHD coach works in partnership with a client to move them forward on their life’s goals when they aren’t achieving them quickly enough by themselves. ADHD coaching is where the client can find a collaborative partner who builds a safe, non-judgmental space for self-exploration with no attachment to a specific result other than the growth and development of the client.
As your ADHD coach, I partner with you to make space for your hopes, dreams and goals. As you understand how your brain works, you can make better decisions, tap into your strengths and talents, and create a more fulfilling life for yourself. You’ll learn to focus on what’s possible, what you do well and implement the good ideas and solutions you have inside.
The ADHD coaching process is very informal and works around your schedule. Sessions are done weekly or bi-weekly by phone, Skype, or in person. A great majority of my clients meet with me in person in locations such as a coffee shop or diner.
My coaching style is to:
- Work with you to make your goals, hopes and dreams a reality.
- Target daily successes using your strengths and creativity.
- Focus on what you do well and incorporate that into your daily tasks.
- Keep track of ideas that pop into your head.
- Find creative solutions to allow you to “work your magic.”
- Emphasize simplicity and convenience in finding connections so you remember what you need to do.
- Create strategies that work for you to help you make better decisions.
- Create time for your passions and be successful in those things that are most important to you.
All life coaching is based on these questions:
- What do I really, really want?
- What am I willing to do to get it?
- What’s getting in the way?
- What story am I telling myself?
As an ADHD coach I work with you to:
- Use your creativity to problem solve
- Put resources to work for you
- Know your learning styles
- Teach you good thinking skills
- Build on strengths and past successes
- Communicate better with others and advocate for yourself
- Appreciate the fact that you have ADHD and see all the assets
- Use your knowledge and your own systems to create an ADHD friendly environment
- Learn how your own ADHD gets in the way of what you want
- Have the tools you need to cope with your ADHD